The Desktop Team is focused on building Chandler's Desktop Application.
At the application level, this includes WxWidgets, WxPython, Application Chrome (Toolbars, Sidebar, Menus, Keyboard Controls, etc.), Calendar Views, Dashboard View and Detail View.
At the platform level, this includes the Repository Subsystem, Calendar Service, Email and Sharing Services, the overall Architecture including Performance, Security, and i18n / Localization, the Domain Model and a framework for extending Chandler Desktop.
We are helped in our effort by an enthusiastic team of in house interns and SoC students.
Recent Meeting Notes
The team meets bi-weekly on Tuesday at 1:15PM US/Pacific. The weeks in-between, we simply fill out progress reports. Both are available here:
- January 2008: 01/08/08
- December 2007: 12/11/07
- November 2007: 11/13/07, 11/27/07
- October 2007: 10/02/07, 10/16/07, 10/30/07
- September 2007: 09/04/07, 09/18/07
- August 2007: 08/07/07, 08/21/07
- July 2007: 07/10/07, 07/24/07
- June 2007: 06/12/07, 06/26/07
- May 2007: 05/03/07, 05/08/07, 05/15/07, 05/22/07, 05/29/07
- April 2007: 04/05/07, 04/12/07, 04/19/07
- March 2007: 03/01/07, 03/08/07, 03/15/07, 03/23/07
- February 2007: 02/01/07, 02/08/07, 02/15/07, 02/22/07
- January 2007: 01/04/07, 01/11/07, 01/18/07, 01/25/07
We also have code design discussions (GeekTalks) on a regular basis (Thursdays 1:15pm US/Pacific) where we cover more in depth technical problems. We usually decide of holding those meetings when we hit some issue that becomes too involve to deal with entirely during our regular team meeting.
- TBoxes and branches - Nov 15th, 2007
- Toolbars and Menus - May 24th, 2007
- Commits and Notifications - May 17th, 2007
- How should DnD work in Chandler? - March 6th, 2006
- How should we store Styles in Chandler? - March 13th, 2006
- How to use PyLucene efficiently for search in Chandler? - March 27th, 2006
- Distributed Identity - April 10th, 2006
- Item Notification - Code Review - April 17th, 2006
- CPIA Refactoring - May 1st, 2006
- Markup Bar and Multistate Button - June 5th, 2006
Since Preview shipped (September 10th 2007), we're embarking on a trip to hit a "non-Preview" version. Some pointers:
- Current 3-months plan: PPD cooked up list of bugs we should fix for 1.0 plus a short list of high priority items for the next three months
- 0.7.x Release Process: Following Preview, we decided to switch the release process to schedule driven releases rather than feature driven releases. We're committed to release a new version of Chandler Desktop every month.
- 0.7.x schedule: The upcoming milestones up to the 0.7.5 version
Summer 2007 Interns:
Summer 2006 Interns:
Summer 2005 Interns:
Gone but not forgotten:
*Committers -- members of the PPD and QA teams are also committers
- PhilippeBossut* (pbossut) -- manager
- AndiVajda* (ovaltofu) -- repository
- BrianKirsch* (bkirsch) -- email, scheduling workflow, i18n/l10n (internationalization/localization)
- BryanStearns* (stearns) -- dashboard, content model, attribute editor
- GrantBaillie* (gbaillie) -- domain model, calendar service, zanshin
- HeikkiToivonen* (heikkit) -- security, performance, accessibility, build?
- JeffreyHarris* (JeffreyH) -- calendar UI, recurring events, import / export of calendars, VOBJECT
- JohnAnderson* (DJohnA) -- cpia framework, cpia script
- MikeT* (bear) -- build?, installers
- MorgenSagen* (Morgen) -- sharing, web server
- PhillipEby* (pje) -- schema api, schema migration, setuptools
- ReidEllis* (rae) -- cpia, widgets, toolbars, detail view , print
- RobinDunn* -- wxPython, wxWidgets