Repository Working Group Home Page
This page is the nexus for all the pages that discuss the repository in Chandler — how it's represented, how it's accessed, and how various Chandler elements discover repository changes.
We want Chandler to be good at handling both structured and un-structured data. Chandler's data handling framework should be:
- less rigid than (say) a relational database
- allow the user to add more structure than is possible with a spreadsheet or a word processor.
The data framework will:
- need to handle both structured and un-structured data
- have to meet the needs of both parcel programmers and end-users.
Unscheduled tasks section
- Import/export framework
- Remote browsing
- Parcel loader rewrite for performance
- Schema evolution
- Access control
- Rationalize copy/delete policy (including clouds)
- apps wants to be able to delete items
- Improve repository notifications
- re-kinding support
- multi kinded items
- schema evolution
- undo support (nested transactions?)
- copy/delete semantics
- pinning API
- date/time representation
- access methods
- April 2004
- March 2004
- February 2004
- January 2004
- December 2003
Work in progress -- this page is still being drafted?
Feel free to contribute comments?