QA Status Update Page
Ongoing status of 0.6 release
QA Status for 0.5 release (Released 03/29/2005)
Updated on: Mar 30 2005
- Chandler 0.5 released on 3/29/2005 on Linux(FC2), Mac OSX and Win XP.
- Downloads availabe from here.
- Readme for Chandler 0.5 release.
Updated on: Dec 07 2004
- milestone 0.4.02 scheduled for 12/7 delayed to 12/8
- wxPython 2.5.3 integrated into this milestone build.
- Features available in this milestone release for tesdting : calendar printing, DV layout on the right, reminder field in DV, removal of sharing button from toolbar.
- Total 0.5 Open bugs : 156 (1 blocker bug on Linux: bug 2255)
Updated on: Nov 22 2004
- ZeroPointFiveTestSpec under development
- Deliverables for 0.4.02 milestone (11/30/04)
- wxPython updates
- printing from chandler
- More coming..
QA Status for 0.4 release (Released 10/26/04)
The QA group is focused on testing Chandler's feature set and making sure they comply with the design requirements.
Upcoming Milestone Status
Last Update : 10/26/04
- 0.3.25 Feature Freeze Milestone - 09/25/04 - DONE
- 0.3.26 Code Freeze Milestone - 10/05/04 - DONE
- 0.3.27 Documentation Complete - 10/19/04 - DONE
- 0.4 Release - 10/26/04 - DONE
Bug Count Update
- Total Number of Open bugs targeted for 0.4 release = 15
- Total Number of bugs blocking 0.4 release = 0
- Total Number of bugs Resolved in Chandler since 0.3 = 351
Bug Council Update
- 4 weeks before the Feature Freeze date (9/23/04), we began weekly bug councils with Project leads and Design team to go over the list of outstanding bugs and assigning them appropriate target milestones and priorities.
- 1 week before the Code Freeze date, we start designating bugs that block 0.4 release.
- All check-ins during this time should be associated with a bug number targeted for 0.4 release and appropriate comments.
- After the Code Freeze date, only checkins for bugs blocking the 0.4 release will be accepted and they should also be code-reviwed.
IMAP Test Accounts from Universities
- We now have the following IMAP test accounts from different universities to test Chandler with
- 3 test accounts from University of Washington
- 1 test account from MIT
- 1 test account from University of Chicago
- 1 test account from University of California, Berkeley
- 1 test account from Duke
IRC Office Hour QA Sessions
- We have conducted 2 collaborative QA sessions with the community during IRC office hours.
- Every session has been very productive in uncovering innovative bugs, get some good feedback and helping verify resolved bugs (we collectively verified more than 40 bugs in 1 hour yesterday).
Evaluation of Test Automation Tools Status
- In terms of third-party tools, I have evaluated 2 tools : Redstone Software's Eggplant and Segue's Silk Test tool.
- Eggplant relies on relative position of windows for comparison and is therefore too rigid for our pirposes.
- Segue's Silk Test seems better suited for our purposes but runs on a single platform - windows.
- In talks with the Apps team on extending the Pyunit framework to use cpia events for generating ui actions within chandler. This work will be scheduled for 0.5 release.
- 21 Apr 2005