Menu Design Spec
PProposal for .4
Start out with a fairly simple and generic set of menus. Watch how the GUI workflows fare in .4. Come back to menu design to refine and upgrade menu options. This doesn't include menu items for contacts.
Explanation for non-obvious menu items
- Sync... : Displays a panel where you set how often you want to check your mail / sync, whether you want to leave messages on the server, etc.. [TBD]
- Accounts...: Displays a panel to enter account configuration parameters. 0.4 will have IMAP, SMTP, WebDAV accounts. [TBD]
- Sync-- : Hierarchical menu listing all accounts listed in prefs. Will sync or update against chosen or all accounts when activated.
- New Item: Populates the new item in the currently selected collection as well as the "Processing section" of the Dashboard view
- New Collection: Populates a new collection on the sidebar and selects the new collection. New collection comes with a default name: New Collection/Mailbox/Calendar/Project. Numbers are appended to the default name if there is a name conflict e.g. "New Mailbox 2"
- OOTB collections in 0.4 are: In, Out, Calendar, Contacts, Junk, Trash
- Note color-coding for menu items with no functionality in 0.4 and OS-specific items
No change from plan