Alpha 3 Detailed Work Plan
As with Alpha 2, this is a detailed summary of all the deliverables we plan to have at the end of Alpha 3. This milestone is intended by being a short 6 week release to address the following sub tenet.
- To eliminate some performance barriers preventing users from dogfooding the app
In order to accomplish this goal, we will be focussing on the following performance work items.
- Background sync
- PyLucene indexes
- More efficient use of collections
- Known recurrence performance fixes
Other items we will be working on
- Intel Mac support
- Partial progress towards the Alpha4 dashboard goal
- Progress towards stamping, dump and reload
- Some calendar bugs that are blocking dogfooders Dogfood bugs
In general, it is assumed that during the Alpha3 time frame we will be making progress towards many of the Alpha4 goals which are detailed at DetailedAlpha4Plan
A complete list of Alpha3 bugs and tasks can be found at Tasks and Bugs
- 19 Apr 2006