Using Evolution With Chandler Server
is a personal information manager for GNOME/Linux.
Evolution supports subscribing to CalDAV calendars with its CalDAV plugin.
As of November 2007 there are known issues
with Evolution integration. As a result, subscribing to Chandler Server with Evolution is unsupported. If you would like to help debug these problems, you may use the below instructions to point Evolution at Chandler Server.
Subscribing to a Calendar
- Select menu item "File", "New", "Calendar", or alternately:
- Click on the Calendars button
- Right-click in the sidebar and select New Calendar
- For Type select "CalDAV" from the drop-down list
- For Name enter something meaningful - this name is only seen on the Evolution side
- Obtain the CalDAV URL for the desired collection, probably by using the Chandler Server web UI collection details dialog.
- For URL enter the URL of the calendar with the
caldav scheme rather than
http (example caldav://osaf.us/cosmo/home/bear/collection)
- Select the "Use SSL" button if you want access to the server to be encrypted and if the server supports it (osaf.us does).
- For Username enter your Cosmo username
- Click on the OK button