Cosmo Marketing Projects
Cosmo web UI
New Account Signup
bcm: in order to reduce the amount of customization to Cosmo itself, i think TOS would be better located on a static site outside of Cosmo that links to Cosmo's account signup page.
bcm: also to reduce customization of Cosmo, we could provide a static login page containing TOS on the outside site that links directly into Cosmo.
Cosmo server home page
bcm: which Cosmo server home page are you talking about? the page that you get when you log into Cosmo?
About Cosmo page
bcm: ahh, good idea. i'll add this page.
Copyright for web pages
"Except where otherwise noted
, this site and its content are licensed by Open Source Applications Foundation under an "Attribution Only" - Creative Commons License
bcm: this would be for the static site, right? or are you suggesting that we add a copyright notice to the footer of Cosmo pages as well? i guess that this could/should be customized for each Cosmo installation.
License statement for Cosmo
- License is Apache 2.0
- Statement is made on footer and/or "About Cosmo"
bcm: can you suggest a specific modification to the existing footer?
Cosmo Hosted Service
Roadmap through Kibble timeframe
bcm: not sure what you're looking for here
0.6 Terms of Service (TOS)
- Purpose: for testing Chandler (and other CalDAV) sharing
- Accounts availability: are available to the general public via the "New Account Signup" page at: http://cosmo-demo.osafoundation.org:8080/
- Account Quotas:
- There are no programmatic restrictions on the number of accounts a person may have, but be kind the current Cosmo server has a performance limit at about 1,000? accounts.
- There is currently no limit on storage space per account.
- The Cosmo server is in development and this hosted service is currently meant for testing both Cosmo and Chandler. Be aware that the server may go down and/or all your data may be erased at any time (and probably will!)
- We provide NO backups for data on the Cosmo server. If you want your data preserved you must make local backups yourself!
bcm: how about branding for the hosted service? we still need a name and a logo
what is the process and timeframe for choosing those?