FAQ"> Chandler Development FAQ
If you have a question, please add it here!
Q: Are you still using ZODB?
Q: Why aren't you still using ZODB?
A: See WhyNotZodb
for a detailed explanation.
Q: What modifications did you make to Python?
A: Two categories of modifications:
- Modifications that affect how it builds:
- For OS X we modified "configure" to specify our local python framework within the generated Makefile (via "-framework").
- When building the berkeley db extension we have changed the way setup.py looks for the libraries (it only looks in our local directories).
- Modifications that affect how it runs:
- On Windows I commented out the code that searches the registry for installed extensions (so only our extensions would be loaded by our python)
Q: Where can I find documentation for the API?
A: Chandler Documentation
Q: Will Chandler run on my platform?
A: See Developers.ChandlerDesktopSource
- 26 Feb 2004
I linked to Andi's explanation in the Jungle but maybe the text should be pulled out and placed here?
- 25 Feb 2004
Nah, I think it's good to keep this page short, with the answers elsewhere. That makes it easier to breeze through this page to find your own question.