The short-term goal (3-6 mos) is to do item sharing in a vacuum. Meaning, don't try to connect up item sharing with casual collaborators with item sharing between regular Chandler users. This allows us to focus on creating a standalone single-item view that non-Chandler users can access via read-write and read-only ticketed-URLs without having to worry about what happens when an existing Chandler user receives an item URL and would like to 'jump-to' that item in their Chandler Hub or Chandler Desktop UI.
Item Sharing is most useful in the context of a Chandler Hub 'Ticket View'.
Proposal for Long-term Item-Sharing workflows: http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/chandler-dev/2008-March/009751.html
- Chandler Desktop / Chandler Hub user clicks a new button in the markup bar to generate 'View and Edit' and 'View-only' ticketed-URLs for a given item.
- Chandler Desktop user can paste those URLs right into the Notes field of the item, address it and send it to others via email. Chandler Hub users can click on the 'Mail to' button in the markup bar to email the URL along with the contents of the item to others out-of-band.
- Recipients of the ticketed-URL can click on it to view the item in Chandler Hub.
Recipients of ticketed item-URLs who are existing Chandler Hub and Chandler Desktop users will not
be able to click on the item-URL to view the item within the context of their account / Desktop app.
- Sign up / Login / Download links across the top.
- X-sell to direct people to learn more about Chandler which should take them to the landing page in the left hand sidebar.
- Font: 13pt
- Chandler: 18pt
- 26 Feb 2008