Here is a proposal for dialog rehaul which attempts to address a variety of issues including:
- Bug#10060 Confusion around how the [Change Name] button works.
- Bug#8509 Confusion around which URLs to use for subscribing to collections versus sharing collections out to others.
1. Get rid of Collection Details dialog and take over the sidebar instead
- Editable text field for changing the collection name at the top of the sidebar
- "Show link" underneath
1-right-click access to subscribe URLs for Chandler Desktop, Apple iCal, Feed Reader, and CalDAV
- In ticket view, clickong on [Get Notifications] pops up dialog telling you to Sign up for an account to get notifications.
- In logged-in view, clicking on [Get Notifications] takes you Notifications tab in Settings dialog
- Clicking on subscribe buttons for Desktop and CalDAV pops open a dialog with full URL and instructions on how to subscribe
- In ticket view, clicking on [Apple iCal] should pop open Apple iCal and automatically subscribe...
- In logged-in-view, clicking on [Apple iCal]... TBD
- Can we re-use platform detect JS from landing page here? (TIger versus Leopard)
- Can we have different behavior depending on whether user "owns" the collection? (e.g. If the user owns the collection, tell them to set up account sync in iCal. If they don't, just automatically subscribe with webcal URL.)
- Clicking on Feed Reader should open new tab/window with URL
- [Invite] button" generates 2 tickets + instructions on how to share
- [Download] button downloads calendar as .ics file
2. Get rid of "Subscribe" pulldown and dialog for ticket view and take over sidebar instead
- Non-editable collection name at the top
- "Add to my account" link underneath
- Subscribe, Invite and Download are the same as above
- Add "Try Chandler Desktop" to top of view (where Subscribe pulldown used to be)
Multi-tabbed Settings Dialog