This report covers the period from Mar 11-Mar 17 2006 (one week).
- Focusing on 0.7alpha2 (27 April)
- New release this week: Cosmo 0.2.8
- Very close to Scooby 0.1 release
Design and PM (Sheila)
- Proposal for Scooby 0.2 tenets and feature list
- Closed on final steps for the Scooby 0.1 landing page - finish end of next week
- Chandler 0.7 - stamping discussions
- Finish 0.7 alpha2 spec reviews
- Put together a detail alpha 2 plan for review
- New round of dogfood feedback - summary
- Review all the tasks/bugs logged for alpha2 - reconcile with plan
- Next steps on stamping discussions
- 1.0 strategy planning and process
Application WG (Philippe)
- 0.7alpha2 work load set
- Progress on wxGrid bugs (Dashboard)
- Completed peer review writing
- Monitor 0.7alpha2 tasks and bugs count
- Make progress on current 0.7alpha2 tasks
More details available in meeting minutes
Platform WG (Katie)
- Checked in first-cut of egg parcel support; no docs or non-trivial tests yet
- Added WSGI interface to our (twisted) webserver; also got cherrypy to work in there too
- Detailed discussions about stamping, covering both ui design and technical issues
- Entered or prioritized more alpha2 tasks/bugs to get a more complete listing in bugzilla
- Egg parcel tests, sample egg parcels, docs
- Put a couple of big discussions on hold (stamping, sharing format, etc.) to put heads down for alpha2 tasks
QA, Build and Release (Heikki/Aparna)
- Checkpoint build 0.7alpha2-dev-r9759 tested and results posted
- Debugging functional test failures
- Scooby and Cosmo testing in progress.
- Test this week's checkpoint build on mac and linux
Cosmo and Scooby (John)
- Working on Cosmo 0.2.8 release (status: release candidate)
- 5245: Cosmo no longer exhibits an exponential slowdown in signup times
- 5011, 5012: Cosmo now uses the standard org.w3c.dom APIs for XML processing instead of the JDOM library
- Still making progress towards Cosmo 0.3 release (status: development)
- Brian Moseley working on Migration tools for 0.3 release
- Made decision to refactor jackrabbit node usage to improve performance (impact: 4-5 days)
- Brian Kirsh continues to work on fixing defects for 0.3
- Scooby continues to make progress towards 0.1 release. Release should happen this week. (Status: development)
- Continue to work on Scooby 0.2 planning.
- Release Cosmo 0.2.8. Continue to make progress towards Cosmo 0.3 release.
- Get all potential future features into Bugzilla.
- Start to think about Cosmo release plan for next 2-3 releases.
- Renamed the mail lists to make the names more logical and consistent across all the OSAF projects
- Review of export license control requirements point toward not needing to have any for Cosmo or Scooby since they don't contain any encryption code, but still needing the language for Chandler. We will update the language (on the downloads page) in conjunction with the 0.7 release this summner.
- Make progress on the Portal project.
- IRC office hour on the topic of building and maintainging FAQs for the various projects. FAQs would expand end-user support beyond discussions on the maillists and IRC.