Summary Table Work for 0.7
Sheila to go through bugzilla
Implementation status in parens
- Integrate WxHeader - (Bug:3044)
- Sortable columns (Basic sort is done, date sorting still broken waiting on Bug:5209)
- Icons in the column header (Automatic if we integrate the new column header)
- Enlarge font size-use medium font size
- Get rid of divider lines (done)
- Make it resize correctly (Bug:2809)
- Smart defaults for column widths
- Minimum width to summary pane
- 10 pixel gutter between columns
- Right column header text
- Capitalize Who, Title, Date
- Make the stuff in () grey
- Who (From), Who (To)
- Title [no variations]
- Date (Created), Date (Last modified), Date (Sent), Date (Tickler), Date (on Calendar)
- Just display start date and time for Calendar dates
- Left-align date information (like in Apple Mail)
- Right-align time information (like in Apple Mail)
- Preference to turn on multi-line rows (requires more visual design)
- Keyboard shortcuts for editing in place (requires more detailed spec)
- Tab and Enter key to move around cells
- Ctrl/Cmd Enter to create line breaks
- Arrow keys to move around cells
- Drag and drop items to explicitly order them
- Hide and Show custom sections (requires talking with engineering and more design work)
- Add columns for Task stamp, Email status, Date status, Triage status
- Add To and From in front of names in Who column
- What displays in what column problem**
- Clickable widget in the summary table for stamping and triage status
- Each clickable widget in the summary table cycles through a series of states. Each selected state has it's own rollover and mousedown effects.
- Click to toggle Task stamp: Put on Task list, Take off Task list
- Click and hold to select from Task flavors: Project, Read, Look into, Write-up, Call, Errand, Chores, Waiting for, Custom...
- Communications status (most recent event wins) Click and hold to select from drop-down.
- Incoming mail-Read, Unread
- Outgoing mail-Draft, Queued, Sent
- Needs reply
- Replied to
- Non-communication item (no icon)
- Date status. Click and hold to select from drop-down.
- Confirmed event
- Tentative event
- FYI event
- None of the above (no icon)
- Triage status. Click to toggle.
- Click and hold to select from longer list of Triage statuses
**What displays in what column problem...particularly the Date column
- If there is a calendar date, display that.
- If there is a date sent, display that.
- If there is a last date modified, display that.
- If there is a date created, display that.
- When we introduce ticklers, custom tickler dates override all dates.
- When we introduce triage status, the custom tickler is reset when
- You reset Triage status from Now to Later (Tickler goes to None)
- The calendar date arrives, at which point, the item "reinserts" itself at the top/bottom of the NOW pile
- Task: Task on, Task off
- Eventually will evolve into Task flavors
- Project, Research, Write-up, Action item, Call, Errands, Chore
- Mail: Mail on, Mail off
- Eventually will evolve into Mail statuses
- For OUTbound mails: Draft, Queued, Error, Unstamp as mail
- For INbound mails: Read, Unread, To reply to, Replied to, Forwarded, Unstamp as mail
- Calendar: Event on, Event off
- Eventually will evolve into Event statuses
- Confirmed, Tentative, FYI, Cancelled (only for interoperability), Tickler
- From: (for INbound mail)
- To: (for OUTbound mail)
- Eventually be able to distinguish between mails that are To: ME versus To: some List I'm on