Publishing Collections Proposal
At some point when I was dogfooding Chandler (I think it was still 0.6 at the time) I was having a really hard time remembering to 'set up my account' and to 'restore/publish my collections'. This was before you could restore your collections in the 'test' menu. My point was that it seemed only the advanced users were going to be able to understand how to set up an account/restore collections in the current UI. This proposal was to create an easier experience for the not so advanced users.
I started working on these mock ups/storyboards and remember meeting with Sheila/Mimi sometime back in July 2006. I think we settled on the fact that advanced users would be able to use the current UI and we would revisit this later to create a better UI and help the not so advanced users.
See Account Set up Proposal
- Why seperate publish and subscribe?
- What's wrong with the current manage share?
- Share calendar that is already published instead of 'copy URL'. The idea of a button to 'copy URL' seem very un-natural. Do most people even understand the 'clip-board'?
- There is no feedback to copying the URL when you click on the button.
- What are you supposed to do when you copy the URL? Why no have a button to launch default desk top e-mail program?
- Why not auto magically copy the user when you click the 'done' button? Of course there is some message that says, 'once you've clicked on the 'done' button you will be able to go into your e-mail and 'paste' (ctrl +c) the ticket/URL.
- Step 1 From the 'Collection' menu, user selects 'Publish [Name of collection]':
- Step 2 User selects where they want to publish a collection to:
- Step 3 User selects which collection they want to publish:
- Step 4 User selects which collection they want to publish:
- Step 5 User selects 'Selected Items' in collection to share with users and publishes the collection:
- Step 6 published collection–send e-mail?:
- Step 7 E-mail your ticket/URL to ppl:
- Step 8 Add e-mail address:
- Step 9 Sending form e-mail to ppl with user's ticket/URL info.:
- Step 10 Confirmation that e-mail is sent:
- 26 Mar 2007