OSAF Operations meeting of March 7, 2006
Attending: Katie, Sheila, Heikki, Phillipe, Lisa, Jared.
- John Townsend will be joining as java development manager. Starting March 13th.
- Bobby's also is starting his move out to the SF office.
- And so some seating conversation happened to see what shuffling was necessary.
- Review of intern search status. Some dev candidates in. Some new leads on design interns as well.
- The self-assigned projects proposal is out there and on agenda for Thursday meeting.
- Moving towards formal proposal for OSAF core team sprints 4 times a year (on top of conference sprints).
- A volunteer is coming on site next week to do French localization.
- Discuss of the export clause. Not entirely sure what we should do, but consistency would be an improvement. Cosmo doesn't have native encryption, but does bundle software which does. More discussion neeed to determine what changes needed.
- Some discussion of how to make decisions on conference attendance outside normal individual and aggregate conference budgets.
- Prep of agenda for Thursday staff meeting.