17 May 2005
Mitch, Lisa, Ted, Philippe, Katie, Lori, Chao, Pieter
I. Hiring Discussion
- Discussion about Web Design Developer (new job description)
- First intern starting next week, 3 others arriving over the next 2 months.
II. 0.6 Status
- We're adding one milestone to the schedule to accomodate all of the calendar features. (Each milestone is ~4 weeks of development)
- 0.5.03 June 1
- 0.5.04 July 7
- 0.5.05 Aug 17 (code complete)
- The apps team has done fairly rigorous bottoms up scheduling to arrive at this schedule. The other teams will fit into this schedule.
- We will hold the milestones for scheduled features and bug fixes.
- This will put the release of 0.6 sometime in the fall. The set of milestones above covers feature development only. Additional milestones will be added wrap up the release.
III. CSG and WAC meetings
Several CSG members raised an issue of serious concern for them: there is an order of magnitude increase in time pressure for a calendaring solution that meets Higher-Ed faculty and staff needs. They also raised issues about mobile devices.
- Pieter and Chao are following up on a request to convene a Goals Recalibration Meeting with WAC advisory members this summer.
- A next step is to work with CSG to arrive at a minimum set of requirements for deployment in some CSG institutions for 2006. (We anticipate these would be largely a subset of Westwood requirements, pared down for earlier deployment). OSAF would then need to figure out what it would take to meet these requirements in that timeframe (consistent with OSAF's existing plans and goals).
- We discussed what we would need to accelerate Westwood: expansion of effort on Cosmo and Scooby (and to some extent in Chandler). Lisa currently owns the planning for Cosmo and Scooby.
IV. D Conference Demo
- Philippe is managing the branch, limited patches are being applied to fix issues.
- Pieter is working on the script for the demo.
V. Board Meeting
- Philippe will give the presentation about 0.6 goals, adding one slide about the schedule.
- Lisa will give a presentation about Cosmo and Scooby (draft slides ready by the end of the week).
- We'll do a demo, similar to the one given at the D conference.
VI. Staff Meeting
- Mitch will talk about the recent CSG/WAC meeting.
- Brian Kirsch will demo recent email progress.