Sharing for 0.4
I'm trying to figure out if all the pieces are going to fit together and have owners:
- To share a collection, you view it in chandler, click on the "Test | Share collection" menu item, and then... ?
- Morgen can pop up a dialog box asking for the user to type in a url (and this url could be prepopulated based on the webdav account server and path plus the collection name?). Once they OK the dialog I call a method in Stuart's code which publishes the collection.
- Somehow this causes an email to be created containing the invite? Not sure what's going on here.
- To manually subscribe to a collection, the user clicks on the "Test | Subscribe to Collection..." menu and enters in a url. I call a method in Stuart's code which subscribes to the collection, and returns me the collection item (Stuart tells me this method is: parcels.osaf.framework.webdav.Dav.DAV(url).get( ) and that it returns a collection item) so that I can add that collection to the sidebar.
- To process a subscription invite, an email comes in, gets detected, an event fires, someone notices that event, and tells me to pop up an invitation acceptance dialog (with "from", "collection name", and "url" static (readonly) text controls, and OK/Cancel buttons). Upon OK, I proceed as if it were a manual subscription.
- Morgen is working on the Accounts dialog for editing IMAP/SMTP/WebDAV settings.
- 17 Aug 2004