- Ted and Andi feel we can drop inverseAttribute and just use otherName -- inverseAttribute is actually misleading since lookup is done by attribute name.
- For Webdav "account" for 0.4 we only need a username and password, and possibly a base url
- Stuart has some code for item serialize/deserialize that he is using in webdav -- I should be able to repurpose that for email item transfer
- Ted, Stuart and I talked about pros/cons of being able to create an item with a specific UUID. My use case is an item which is sent via email -- does the item on the recipient's end have the same UUID? Or does it keep track of the UUID of the original item?
- Do we want OK/Apply/Cancel buttons, or do it like Apple?
- I prefer having OK/Apply/Cancel buttons
- Should Cancel after Apply revert back to values before dialog opened?
- What if the user has removed an account (with the minus button) and then clicked Cancel?
- Answer from mimi: For 0.4, include an OK/Cancel button on all platforms, and later we will address platform-specific differences
- How to handle getting data in and out of the dialog
- Pass items into the dialog method? Then have the dialog code manipulate the items directly?
- How are the dialog layouts defined? Ahead of time (in wxDesigner, for example), or dynamically based on the passed in data?
- Static might be able to make it prettier
- Dynamic makes it easy to create and change, especially at run time; promotes code reuse
- John suggests: using XRC as much as possible
- Jed suggests: that a combination of XRC and python is doable
- class DynamicDialog?( )
- tabs # one tab means no notebook
- class DynamicDialogPage?( )
- class SingleItemPage?( ) """ Allows you to edit a single item using forms """
- class MultipleItemsPage?( ) """ Allows you to create/remove/edit an item list using forms """
- items # list of tuples, each with item + flags (such marked for deletion)
- class DynamicForm?( ) """ Given a list of field descriptions and contents, render form """
- class FieldDescriptor?( ) """ Describes a single field """
- type (string, password, radio, checkbox, list, etc.)
- To publish a collection
- From menu, determine what is the collection to publish, prompt for url (dialog could be prepopulated with base url from webdav account)
- "Account" is username, password, server, directory
- To "Download", pop up a dialog asking for url
- UI for acceptance - a dialog for accepting invite
- Downloaded collection needs to appear in the sidebar -- need to talk to Donn about that
- 10 Aug 2004