Notes on attendees for event content model
We had a meeting a while ago on item clouds where I used an event with multiple attendees as an example of an item cloud. Now it seems that's an area of the content model that needs work, because what I made up on the spot doesn't correspond to the documented Content model.
In the current content model, we have a Calendar Event, and a Calendar Event has a "participants" attribute which is a list
We believe a participant should link to a Contact. However, there's additional information that we'll want to store for each individual participant that would be inappropriate to put in the Contact item. We probably don't
want to have all of these, and may not have any of them in Canoga, but future releases will certainl y have participant-specific information that we need to plan for.
- RSVP status: has this participant accepted or rejected the invitation
- "is hidden" flag: should this participant be invisible to other participants
- Use case: the participant lists may be used to invite a secretary or book a projector, but these aren't publicly listed as participants except to the meeting organizer
- Alternate use case: visible participants include the professor or lecturer etc -- all students receive invitations but are hidden participants.
- Description (e.g. "the chair of this meeting", "representative from OSAF", etc)
- Media type (e.g. if not in person -- phone-in, video conf, other)
- The Contact item(s) for this participant
- Links to emails recieved for this participant that link to this event (e.g. the email where they accepted the invitation)
- Email for participant if a Contact doesn't exist
- Display name for participant if a Contact doesn't exist
A simple "Participant" item would belong in the Event cloud along with the Event item, and would not appear in the Contact cloud. However, links from the Contact back to the participant would allow Chandler UI to easily show what meetings a contact was a participant of. When sharing an Event with this model of an event cloud, the Chandler repository storing the event cloud would provide the public Event attributes, plus all non-hidden Participant item attributes.
- 26 Apr 2004