Priscilla’s usage of Chandler 0.7 Alpha 4, Oct 2006
The past month I've spent a lot more of my time filing bugs for the stability of Chandler then actually using it. Things are running much better now and I'm sure I'll have more dogfood feedback in the next month.
Here are the few issues I've gathered this past month:
- Issues with keeping track of an event item I was editing when working in the dashboard. Lost track of the 'new' item and edited the wrong item.
- Selecting the 'delete key' on the keyboard does not delete an item on the dashboard.
- Is it important to have recurring tasks? ie. paying bills?
- Sorting by triage status, when changing the status from 'Now' to 'Later', the item gets lost in the 'Done' bucket. I wonder if there is a work around so that it goes to the top of the 'Done' bucket as opposed to the bottom? Would that help?
- When selecting a calendar event and then switching over to the dashboard view, I don't seem to be selecting the same item.
Running: Chandler Alpha 4, r11720 2006911
I was in my collection dashboard and wanted to add another tour date to my schedule. While adding a new item into my dashboard, I had somehow selected an item which was not the new item on the dashboard. I started to change an event which I didn't want to and in the end lost my event. Ah ha–I'm tracing my steps and found out what happened to make me loose original item which I was editing.
- in dashboard by sorted by date column, previous dates to the latest date at the bottom.
- add new item
- typed in a title and date/time
- I wanted to copy the detail from another event item, so I click on another event item
- The 'new event item' had jumped up the list because it was sorting according to the date column.
- As I was editing the detail events, I was unaware that I was on another event item.
There's a bug in the backspace is acting like the deleting key. I also found out the delete is control+D. I was very confused about that since I was not able to use the backspace or the delete key. Having to understand 'control+D' does not seem as common.
10/10/06 --5:00PM Currently running Chandler_osx_0.7alpha4.dev-r11918-checkpoint20061002
Mimi pointed out to me there is a sidebar divider. Just for the record, I never noticed there was a side bar that seperates the 'Dashboard' & 'Trash' & the collections. This is mainly because I usually sit in my collection and my collection is the first collection on the list, so I don't notice there is a side bar divider. Does that make sense?
I was setting an alarm in my task for 'paying bills'. I realized I would need to set the alarm about once a week. Or bi-weekly, for the item to be done, then go back into my 'Now' space.
Sorting out my dashboard in my collection. If you sort by triage status, it is difficult to click to select an item from 'Now' to 'Later'. Instead it directly goes to 'Done' and then it gets lost in the huge 'Done' bucket. Actually it currently goes to the bottom of the 'Done' bucket.
Is there a way to have it sit at the top of the 'Done' bucket when a person is trying to triage? This might be a poor work around I guess before there is a way to 'Recycle Triage' (or as Mimi has been referring it as the 'Purge' button).
- 26 Oct 2006