QA/Release Meeting, October 30th 2006
- Some recurrence bugs left to test, Adam running tests on this morning check point, should be done this afternoon
- Other than that, release is pretty solid, Wednesday should be public release day
- All non code tasks logged in Bugzilla
qacosmo, cosmo-demo, osaf.us - status of each, how we intend to use them in the future
First, agreement of what those various things are:
- qa-cosmo: is the Cosmo test machine used by QA to test Cosmo. Currently running Cosmo 0.4 but can change anytime without notice to test whatever the QA team needs to test.
- cosmo-test: currently maintained by BCM, it will eventually become the stable server used by Chandler to run functional tests
- osaf.us: currently under developmenent by Jared and running Cosmo 0.4. It is the public service server, not used for tests except temporarilly (see below).
- cosmo-demo: is the old dogfood/Chandler test machine that will be deprecated in the future, once all dogfooders moved to osaf.us
We need to write upgrade policies for each of those machines (including notification) but, the current rule of thumb / order of upgrade (based on the understanding here above) is:
- qa-cosmo: is updated (upgraded or downgraded) by the QA team whenever they need
- cosmo-test: will be upgraded once the QA team has built enough confidence (using qa-cosmo) that an upgrade is safe (criteria TBD...)
- osaf.us: will be upgraded by Jared and the service team, rarely and cautiously (TBD...)
- cosmo-demo: will never be upgraded
Should we point Chandler sharing tests permanently/temporarily to osaf.us?
- You need to wipe to make your testing, so, bad to force Chandler's users to do it right now
- Do we want to test against osaf.us?
- Pro: we get some good test and scenario on it before opening it to the public
- Con: Chandler could run into non-Chandler bugs and get blocked, devs might become complacent and not react at TBoxes becoming orange or red.
- Post preview, we want to run a different server for testing (cosmo-test)
Summary of the discussion:
- Heikki and others have been running Chandler against osaf.us since a while. Seems to work fine.
- Suggest to switch the Chandler trunk to point to osaf.us till after osaf.us upgrade to Cosmo 0.5. Motion adopted.
- This is a change that can be rolled backed easily if TBoxes go red because of it for too long.
- After a while (1 week or so), QA will upgrade qa-cosmo to Chandler 0.5 as well
- Cosmo-demo will not be upgraded in any forms because dogfooders will need time to migrate to osaf.us
- Eventually, Chandler will run functional tests against Cosmo-test which will be the "stable" Cosmo instances
- We need to make sure that Cosmo-test is available for this (Heikki to ask BCM)
- Got new blockers this morning
- 6 code blockers currently logged
- Other non code items also logged under Bugzilla
- 1 week away from RC
Tinderbox machine budget
- Heikki sent a new proposal for the upgrade
- Use of PPC for TBox? We'll continue to consider it as the main Mac till Leopard is out
- Need to add support for Windows Vista to the budget
- IRC meeting on Wednesday from 11:30 to 12:30
- 30 Oct 2006