Apps Team Meeting November 16th, 2006
- Question du Jour : (5 min) ?
- Alpha4 status : (5 min) Just an update: we're that close to declaring RC (need one more day with no blocker). No one in the Apps team is on the hook here (except me). Keep an eye on those stray 0.7alpha4 bugs though when they get assigned to you... Questions?
- Alpha5, Alpha6 and Preview : (15 min) I've been going through more Bugzilla scrubbing last week. The bug assignment and the various PPD docs, sticky plans, etc... are now all in sync. I spent some time to map bugs to features in the PPD Wiki describing the various phases:
This last one is of course important so that we're all well on the same page. I'm right now going through a SWAG evaluation exercise. Comments, questions?
- Issues and Announcements : (5 min) Have something to announce? Please take the stage.
- 0.7alpha4 : fixed a bunch of blockers, almost there
- 0.7alpha5 and 0.7alpha6 : SWAG and triage (mapping with PPD plan) completed
- 0.7alpha4 : build that RC...
- 0.7alpha5 : progress on features, meeting on stamping/update, solidify plan by tackling high prio / poorly understood stuff first (like Search)
Question du Jour
What do you think of Sheila's presentation on the road to Preview?
- Bryan: no surprise, which is good
- John: happy to see perf high on the list of concerns
- Reid: will miss printing...
- Jeffrey: feel pretty good about the focus
No question. Reiterating that we need to stay alert on alpha4 bugs right now.
Alpha5, Alpha6 and Preview
- Current SWAG is 50 days to alpha5 CC, this pushes us to end of January for CC, Mid to end of February for RC
- Some worries about EIM, perceived as very important for preview and seems pretty hard to get right
- John still worried about perf of UI, Bryan trying to make indexing faster, this is one of the perf bottleneck right now.
- Search: we could simplify by dumping some of it (like doing simple search only instead of the full blast spec). Should we avoid PyLucene entirely? (for perf purposes). We should try to measure. John will be working on this.
- How can we do incremental commit better? (Philippe)
- People already trying to do the right thing but functional tests breakage get in the way. Sometimes can't untangle 2 fixes because one only would create functional tests failures.
- Some devs use multiple copies of Chandler for several tasks so to handle granularity
- Working on managing all the icon states for the communications column
- Next up: read/unread/needs-reply click handling there.
- Consulted with Morgen about icalUID/UUID mismatch issues
- Ongoing work on recurrence in the dashboard, it's almost passing functional tests and ready to check in. Much of the work has involved lengthy discussions of collections and trash with Andi, which revealed various bugs and helped me understand trash better, which is good because (unbeknownst to me until yesterday) Bugzilla says I own trash
- Fix a rare failure that the functional tests discovered
- Fix Bug#7320: Dashboard traceback when deleting the last item in the table
- Did some testing with Robin's new wx
- Roll wx revision 124 for Bug#5724: wxGrid should have non-resizable columns
- Fixed Bug#5724: wxGrid should have non-resizable columns
- Set up my Macintosh development environment on a new MacBookPro?
- Installed Windows on Parellels desktop on the new Mac.
- Reviewed alpha5 and alpha6 bugs
- Cross ref with the stickies
- Created missing tasks in Bugzilla
- Added links to PPD Wiki
- Checked with devs
- 0.7alpha4 duties
- Almost daily Bug Councils (triage)
- Logged bugs, helped investigate, tested new checkpoints
- Participated to alpha4 "post-mortem"
- HR related activities (contracts)
- Working on email address indicator
- disappointed to discover that the static text field supports neither styled text nor appending of same
- this means indicators will be the same colour as the email address text
- I updated OSAF's copy of wx to roughly the equivalent of wxPython 126.96.36.199
- Investigated and fixed a few Chandler bugs turned up by the new wx.
- Fixed some bugs in wxCollapsiblePane and added wrappers for it to wxPython.
- Added wrappers for wxSimpleHtmlListBox.
- Added wrappers for the wxComboCtrl family of classes.
- Various community support activities via email and IRC.
- 15 Nov 2006