Question du Jour : (10 min) Hardware request? Training request?
Alpha4 planning status : (10 min) Bug count still high. Note that the Bug Council sometimes assign bugs to the current platform mostly to get a SWAG, not necessarily to force the fix in alpha4. I'd like to have a convention to separate those from "need to be fixed" without using the blocking flag. Ideas?
Issues and Announcements : (10 min) Our usual agenda entry. This is your opportunity to announce something (completion of some work, availability of something) or raise concerns or ask questions having an influence on the projects.
Interns : (10 min) Markku will talk about his progress on the pmtool
Digging through alpha4
0.7alpha4 : keep making progress on the various feature areas
0.7 : assign bugs and tasks to relevant milestones
Question du Jour : Hardware request? Training request?
Bryan and Jeffrey : go to Tufte class
Reid : Buy himself a MacPro
Bryan , Philippe : change their G4 laptops to Mac Intel
Alpha4 planning status
No big issue on the plan
On the Bug Council triaging question, 2 suggestions:
Bryan: indicate in the bug to SWAG but leaves untargetted and retriage next time, assign to milestone when you're sure you want to take in the milestone
Reid: create a Bugzilla reminder for all bugs that are untargetted and have no SWAG
Jeffrey: request that Philippe sends a link to the Wiki when updating the bug graphs
Issues and Announcements
Alpha5: Philippe to create Bugzilla records for all stickies
i18n: Brian posted the tools createPot.py and createtranslationEgg.py. Ready to create the first translation.
sidebar: meeting this afternoon with John and PPD
wx and toolbar: wrong size and wrong place, working with Robin on this
Markku's pmtool does queries directly to Bugzilla. Will be presented to the Bugzilla folks tomorrow.
Darshana created a field in the DV to test the NLP. Last day in the office today.
Booking trip to OSAF offices last week in September. Intense mail 1.0 discussions to follow.
Conference with Mimi and Sheila next Wednesday to discuss mail 1.0.
Reviewing Travis suggestions on schema alterations to Mail model.
Created two easy to use tools which will form the basic of how users translate Chandler:
createPot.py extracts localizations strings and XRC strings for Chandler, Chandler-Examples, or a 3rd party project
createTranslationEgg.py packages images, html, and po files in to a translation egg for either Chandler, Chandler-Examples, or a 3rd party project. The tool generates the op to mo conversion and installs the egg in develop mode. After running this tool start Chandler with the locale of the egg and watch it localize :)
Hung up on indexing vs UI in the dashboard; backed out my last work on this twice (so far), but I think I'll have it solved shortly.
Also starting on 'date' attribute rework: 'date' will be an ordinary attribute, updated using schema.observers.
Fixed more bugs in parsedatetime module
Created a new widget in the detail view (just for testing) to test the autocompletion for the QuickItem Entry options
Working on parsing the text entered in QuickEntry?
Working on '/Invite' and '/Request' options
Fixed a small Bug#6567 : When entering a weekday, the computed day seems to be off by one
Finally got Visual Studio installed on my Windows machine and tried debugging wx. In this case debugging didn't help me (I could've asked Robin 4 hours earlier what might be going on with Bug#6573), but I'm glad to know it's set up and easy to
Patched zanshin to deal with ticket privileges in a more general way
Finished moving freebusy to CalDAV reports, which was time consuming but satisfying, Bug#5640
Also, fixed a ton of tiny bugs, so I could get the satisfaction of having less than one page of alpha4 bugs ;):
Bug#6594 - vobject install from .tar.gz fails because it's using an outdated setuptools bootstrap
Bug#6541 - Resizing calendar window until event disappears raises exception
Bug#6520 - Clicking on allday lozenges makes them draw at the bottom
Bug#6519 - clicking on lozenges snaps them to the nearest 15 minutes
Bug#5772 - ICalendar.py's ImportError? conflicts with builtin ImportError?
Bug#6573 - Dragging read-only hangs Chandler in Windows
Bug#6257 - Edit > Clear' menu item shouldn't exist
Bug#6279 - Cmd+D for delete, delete for remove from collection
Bug#5943 - Next Sundays anytime area shows on this week
Bug#6452 - OOTB, 45-minute lozenge should be able to display both start-time and event title
Scrapped my "dual" sidebar work of the last 3 weeks and started over with a new approach.
Implemented the following features from the sidebar spec:
Add a visual divider between the out-of-box collections and the user-defined collections using a grey line
Restore icons for the out of the box collections.
Display all of the OOTB collections as table view across all App areas
Disallow overlays for the OOTB collections (no rollover check-box icons at all) in the Calendar app
Items that aren't yet finished from the spec include:
Create new collection icons for both OOTB and user-defined collections.
Implement a temporarily de-activated, but still checked state for checked collections when users select an OOTB collection while they have user-defined collections overlayed.
Disallow overlays for all collections in the All, Mail and Tasks app areas
Implement a selected state for sidebar collection icons and sharing status icons.
Implement a selected state for greyed out collection names. Bug#5120
I would have made a lot more progress, but I got hung up with what looks like a repository Bug#6609
Got rid of kindToDisplayName in sidebar and displayNameAlternatives in UserCollection along with the associated code.
I will be away in DC September 1 through 4, then back to Utah. Due to Helen's schedule, I'm delaying my return to California until the following weekend. So I'll be back in Utah on the weekend of 9 September.
Improved the first generation project management tool to support direct queries to bugzilla without the need to use Bugzilla web interface. This new version (0.2) is now available at the project wiki page.
More work on the second generation tool: I now have direct access to our bugzilla database and have already replicated the "bugs" database to my computer. The next step is to design a database layout for the developed tool.
Had a good discussion with Brian K about the state of Chandler i18n. The remaining work includes Bug#6171, which is almost ready but lacks a critical improvement to make python interface unicode safe. Unfortunately there are a number technical issues that make completing this task difficult. For example it seems that Visual Studio, at least our version, is not able to debug properly from unicode paths. Hence, the completion of this task was punted for the time being (maybe until 1.0 or even further).
Closed Bug#5968: A wxGetTranslation MessageFactory? pipe. After a long wait all the pieces are finally in place and the XRC based dialogs are now as easy to localize as any other dialogs.
Closed Bug#6543: Localizing strings in Chandler.py and application/*.py. After a couple of iterations a good way to implement safe translations for start-up was found and implemented.
Alpha4 tracking: bug triaging, Bug Council, check with devs on tasks priorities, sidebar meeting
wx: decided to host Stefan's experimental transparency code
Worked on '07 budget with Katie
Checked Markku's pmtool and talked about various improvments
Working on Bug#6500, to restore the resize indicator on the wxGrid. (It isn't shown on Mac or Windows because of the window compositing being turned on and the indicator is drawn via a wx.ClientDC.)
Added wx.App.DisplayAvailable for Briak Kirsch, which allows you to check if a GUI can be created in the current environment, without having to actually create a wx.App and catch the exception. Brian, I just realized that I never rolled this over to Chandler, if you need it right away we can still do that.
Merged a new snapshot from wx CVS. There are a few issues to be worked out before tossing it over to Chandler.
Added wrappers for wx.NativePixelData, and wx.AlphaPixelData and related iterator and accessor classes to wxPython. These allow platform-independent direct access to the platform-dependent pixel buffer inside a wx.Bitmap. This makes it easy to twiddle with the color and alpha bytes without needing to make a round-trip to a wx.Image.
Related to the PixelData? additions, I fixed how wxPython is getting access to buffer objects, so any object that implements the buffer protocol (such as NumPy? arrays) can be used to initialize a wx.Bitmap or wx.Image.
Various community support activities via email and IRC.