Apps meeting Tuesday January 17th 2006
- Question du Jour
- Plan : Make progress on 0.7 planning, participate to sprints
- Progress : Bug fixes and start 0.7 architecture tasks
- Problems : Need more aggressive action on 0.7 dev plan (Philippe)
- Philippe : review 0.7 bugs per dev
- Philippe : create a Wiki page for Geek Talk subjects
Question du Jour
What motivates you to participate in list discussion?
- Bryan : If I've something to bring to the table...
- David : Need to bring some dev point of view in the Design discussion
- Jed : Would like to participate but too hard to say something if not on top of it all the time
- John : Hasn't participated in Design because the amount of email too overwhelming. Feels more confortable with Dev list.
- Reid : Decide to dive in depending on how much I know about it
- Philippe : Trying to make sure that all voices are heard (dev on the design list). Put my ex-Program Manager hat on for Design discussions.
- Planning: the tenets are now somewhat stable and Sheila and Philippe have been going through bugs, tagging them with tenets.
- Comments on tenets and bugs:
- No email tenet but a vague statement that needs to be clarified.
- We should not use [Dashboard] as a catch all tenet. Stamping for instance will likely not be used for triaging so those bugs need to be retriaged.
- For some UI related bugs, we need some meeting with Sheila and Mimi.
- Sprints: Let's participate fully. Great opportunity for collaboration.
- Reid: some questions for Alec
- Alec: XML-RPC and repository editor
- Jeffrey and Reid: survey feedback parcel
- Jed: Bugzilla
- John: update Flickr and code review
- Philippe and David: hCalendar parcel
- What happened at the community meeting today? Please read Katie's notes.
- 20%: Katie and Philippe working on the program. Time frame of implementation is end of February. More on this at the staff meeting Thursday.
- Functional Tests: Aparna to present something next week. Would be our first Geek Talk.
- wx: new tarball today fixing some Mac DnD bugs. We all like the new weekly tarball and summary that David has been putting together.
Internship : Philippe will be coordinating the interns hiring process this year. We'll try to hook up with the Google "Summer of Code" program. Send him your ideas for subjects.
Sprint week : Most of our remote people are at OSAF this week and we'll have the party on Saturday. Great week ahead!
- Participated to design threads and meetings
- 0.7 Planning activities and discussions
- Bugzilla triage
- Got caught up on design discussions
- Lots of preview pane bug cleanup
- Planning for 0.7 work
- Worked a lot on documentation:
- Worked on bug #3994: Scroll position is wrong after switching views. This bug has been a thorn in my side for a very long time, and has consumed several days of my time. It turned out to be a windows specific wx bug caused by a delayed sizer problem -- and I think delayed sizer problems are the source of a few other bugs. Anyway, Robin finally came up with a simple workaround so it's no longer on my plate and I've reassigned it to Robin.
- released wx tarball 262-31; worked on 32
- updated wxPython libs and wxWidgets samples
- fixed a wxMac DnD crash that I committed last week
- removed PalmOS and Mac-Classic sources
- Learning about Gtk and Gnome
- After making some wx changes under Gtk, worked to get a working build again
- Finished the 184.108.40.206 wxPython release, uploaded to sourceforge, and announced on various lists and newsgroups.
- Of course the new release prompted a few bug reports that were not shaken out in the testing process, so back to work...
- Took a pass through the OSAF bugs assigned to me to weed out some old ones that may not be applicable any longer.
- Worked on setting subversion, chandler build environements, svn tools, and etc. on all my development machines. Generated enough heat while compiling that I could turn off the space heater.
- Proofread and submitted edits for 4 more chapters of "wxPython in Action".
- Began work on Bug #4432, update to SWIG v1.3.27.