Apps Status 2 August 2005
Because lots of us are at OSCon this week, there will be no meeting. Please, update your status below so that we keep on with good habits... :)
- Plan : Lots of people at OSCon this week. Make progress on m5 tasks.
- Progress : Workload identified and assigned for all devs for m5 and m6.
- Problems : No ETA for the merging of the ItemCollection_0.6 branch into the trunk. Could be an issue if too close to m5.
- Buy 3 copies of the wxWidgets books
- Post OSCon reports for the team
- Planned and defined m6 with the team
- Spend most of my time in Bugzilla triaging bugs for m5 and m6 (this work is now complete)
- At OSCon this week. Posting my notes every day on my Journal
- Renamed attribute filter_expr to filterExpression in Collections
- Rename attribute ref_collection to refCollection in Collections
- Collection now is a ContentItem
- Renamed BaseCollection to ListCollection
- Renamed Collection to AbstractCollection
- Replace the Sidebar and it's items with Sets
- Spent most of the week blocked by repository bugs, trying to convince Andi they were bugs and waiting for fixes
- Rebaked the wigets MSVC project files
- Currently blocked by another repostiory bug. I think there is a good chance Andi will be able to look at it while he's on vacation.
- I have been working on calendar UI bugs, like vanishing splitters and funny linux fonts.
- At OSCON this week
- Doing a little Chandler work while I'm here, but nothing too complicated (since I'm offline most of the day; my laptop's only got about 2 hours on a charge).
- Incorporated feedback from the code review of CPIA Script
- This took longer than I expected, in part because I needed to update lots of blocks to have eventsForNamedDispatch
- Still have some security-related work to do (no executing scripts from Notes, Scripts as non-ContentItem, etc)
- Dealt with some ReloadParcels issues:
- A bug in the repository was being masked by an overly aggressive try block
- Added a function in ReloadParcels to pretty-print cloud inclusions for debugging
- Fixed some bugs:
- 3429 - assert when Quit() is in a startup script
- 3494 - issue with unit tests and Stamping
- 3451 - paste into notes field: text appears then disappears