Apps meeting Tuesday December 20th 2005
No meeting this week
With people preparing for the holiday and 0.6 RC under test, there will be no Apps meeting today.
Please update your personal weekly status here under. I will create a summary once I get the entries of everyone.
We will use the same reporting method next week (for people not completely in vacation).
- Plan :
- Finish 0.6 on-line docs, Stay alert on potential 0.6 blocking bugs being raised
- Start 0.7 Architecture Tasks
- Progress :
- 0.6 : Fixed a bunch of last minute blockers, no blocking bugs right now, RC2 being built
- 0.7 : Turned CG on on Mac, Started thoughts and code on some Architecture Tasks
- Problems : Still need more estimates for 0.7 Architecture Tasks
- Lots of calendar-based coregraphics work - mostly removing old hacks that were required because of quickdraw
- fixed the selection model in calendar to deal with recurrence correctly
- tried, and failed, to fix mac delete bugs
- worked on a solution for CATS to deal with modal dialog boxes
- Discussion with bryan/jeffrey/etc about using FlexGridSizers in CPIA, reducing creation of excess container widgets, etc.
- Finished the outgoing email address attribute editor (picks from configured accounts; sends outgoing message through the proper account)
- Added cc, bcc -- simply by adding block definitions (no AE work needed!)
- Dealt with a few last-minute 0.6 bugs
- Working on old bugs pushed to 0.7
- Starting to expand the task list related to my stuff
- After discussion with Jeffrey & Alec about FlexGridSizers?, started a test implementation; hit a roadblock trying to make a block hierarchy that didn't match the widget hierarchy, and working around this led to a definition syntax that wasn't a significant improvement over what we have now. Will discuss with John when he returns.
- cleaned up wxMac dc and window class sources
- worked with Philippe on wx work planning
- added more wxPythonProject wiki updates
- Bug Council duties
- Mostly 0.6 End Game work : testing 0.6 and Cosmo, reviewed docs, etc...
- Checked short term plan with most of the team on 1:1
- Started to review and prioritize 0.7 bug load
- Finished reviewing architecture docs
- Fussed with trying to get my monitor to work with Linux.
- Spent a whole lot of time trying to get at the real cause of #4828: can't select or change color of a collection. Checked in a work around for the bug.
- Fix bug #4857: Hitting Delete key after double-clicking item name crashes chandler. Also fixes remaing part of bug #4852: Delete key doesn't work in edit fields
- Took some time off
- Flew back to Toronto
- setting up new PowerBook with dev environment (it's still compiling as I type)
- setting up my Ubuntu Linux box for development (it's upgrading as I type)
- reading Bugzilla and watching the commit logs; it really helps to see how things go together
- first goal after setup is to look into Gnome toolbar pixel-chopping bug (it's a P2, my highest) since the former P1 got downgraded to a P3.