Apps meeting Tuesday November 15th 2005
- Specs and 0.7
- 0.6 Schedule
- Plan : Focus on blocking bugs, get to zero before ThanksGiving
- Progress : Very good bug trend, 21 blocking bugs remaining
- Problems : Documentation tasks haven't really started. We may have to hold the release (2 weeks after branching) if necessary.
- Philippe : create a Wiki page for Geek Talk subject
- Sheila : organize design session on table rework (post code freeze)
Specs and 0.7
Sheila commented the 0.7 Planning page.
We may do more Calendar work than we thought initially (taking dogfood feedback into account and bugs recently punted).
Table rework will be a big task (need for dashboard and e-mail), table spec on the way (Sheila showed a first draft).
If we have sections, we may not want to use the wxGrid but start something from scratch (John).
Let's be careful about over engineering a solution without discussing the requirements (Philippe).
Sheila and Mimi will organize a design session with the team so that we can understand the requirements and see what kind of ideas of implementation we can come up with.
Also, Philippe and Katie posted a list of architecture work for 0.7 (candidates and ideas so far).
Not much comments. Please read, edit, comment, augment and otherwise update this list.
The bug trend looks excellent! Going down sharply (more bugs fixed, less bugs got in).
Bug Council started to use of "0.6 blocking" status. Seems to work pretty well so far.
The load of blocking bugs is fairly well balanced, most devs have 6 days of SWAGged work for blocking bugs. Looks like we can make the November 23rd (before ThanksGiving) date.
For other bugs, remember:
- Non blocking bugs: still fair game till code freeze, after that, we'll branch and fix only blocking bugs in the branch
- Please e-mail the Bug Council when proposing an 0.7 targeted bug for a fix in 0.6
David got CVS commit privileges on wx! This is a really good news for all of us.
Intel Mac coming soon (January). We may want to put our hands on one for testing.
XCode update available (1 Gig!). Well worth it apparently.
More interviews this week.
- Bug Council duties
- Defined a policy for Code Freeze and blocking bugs
- Recruiting duties
- 0.6 Monitoring
- Fixed bug:4185 and bug:2049 (About Box)
- Fixed Bug #4591: eventsInRange() called twice during startup on some canvases.
- Bug #4082: Welcome note should be displayed in the DV on startup.
- Wrote the RangeSet code to insert and delete to the selection
- Added notification code to update the selection.
- While testing the notification code I ran into a problem with the way collections are handling notifications. I need to coordinate with Ted and Andi to find a solution to the bug.
- Reviewed a lot of code.
- worked on various bugs:
- rolled wx tarball with 3 v0.6 fixes
- submitted 4-5 wx patches
- worked on docs:
- updated various wx wiki pages
- Bug#4671 (icon on Windows)
- Bug#3679 (printing)
- Bug#4495 (ReadOnly icon assert)
- Trying to figure out several minical drawing/disappearing bugs