Apps meeting Tuesday November 8th 2005
- Plan : Bugs, bugs, bugs...
- Progress : Bug count going down, glide path consistent, see bug trend
- Problems : Documentation tasks could be at risk, need to quell the incoming flow of bugs
- Bug Council : need to be more stringent on the bugs we accept for 0.6
- Philippe : start a Wiki page on the architectural tasks we want to consider for 0.7
The bug trend looks good.
Bug council has been doing lots of bug punting and scrubbing. The consensus is that it should do more and start taking only functional bugs. We also should have been punting P4 and P5 earlier to clarify the picture (Alec).
Also, use the whole priority range (at least from P1 to P3) so that the priorities are meaningful and that devs can act on them.
Branching date : We all feel that we need 3 more weeks of everybody focusing on bugs before branching. We have unanimity on this.
Brian K. will be poaching on bugs. Please help him out when he has question, may be contact him with your own proposal. Other non Apps devs on perf right now.
Documentation : they're not high prio but we are accumulating quite a bit. We're not addressing them as aggressively as bugs so there's a risk here of accumulating too many at the end.
- Dev list discussion : Good we had the recent discussion on CPIA Tutorial on Dev (thanks Bryan). These issues need to be dealt with in the open.
- 0.7 : There are areas to rearchitecture or in need of serious planning. Philippe to add a Wiki page listing them and start the discussion.
- CPIA : Long discussion on CPIA, where it goes, what it is. We will need to discuss at the beginning of 0.7 and decide what the scope of CPIA should be moving forward. For the moment the dev examples must be focused on code that we want people to contribute.
Jeffrey at "geek camp" next week.
Recruiting : still in progress, some good leads being worked out.
- Bug Council duties : punted lots of bugs, scrubbed devs bugs, triage incoming bugs
- Recruiting duties
- Worked on bug 4199 (Python 2.4.2)
- Prepared and presented Bugzilla bug tracking to the staff meeting
- Fix bug #4542: UI appears sticky uponn startup
- Bug 4496: Font size in Sidebar on Windows should be "12" not "11"
- Fix Bug 4554: ReloadParcels destroys the Summary view
- Fix Bug #4272: Detail view takes up more than 50% of Chandler screen
- Worked on bug #3079: wxTable synchronize widget doesn't properly update selection. Implemented the selection out of ranges. Wrote the routines to select ranges and unselect ranges.
- Bug 3229: Hello world CPIA parcel example to go with documenation, which sparked a difference of opinion between Mitch and Andy Hertzfeld's original design goals for CPIA and Bryan and Alec's design goals for Chandler.
- worked on various bugs:
- partially fixed some of them
- resolved various wx v2.7 build issues
- worked on docs:
- (finally) completed first draft - framework evaluation
Need to spend time this week doing a CATS review.
- Fix bug 4582 - performance: DetailView workaround for old wx bug should be removed.
- Remove comments refering to bug 1998 - commit vs refresh in Chrome
- Reviewed fix for 4554 - ReloadParcels destroys the Summary view.
- Better fix for bug 4530 - the launch chandler unit test hangs
- Fix bug 4530 - the launch chandler unit test hangs