Cosmo End User Documentation
Creating a Cosmo Account
Follow these steps to create a Cosmo account:
- Access your Cosmo server in a web browser.
If you don't have your own Cosmo server, OSAF has a demo server available at https://cosmo-demo.osafoundation.org/
- To create a new account, click the link that says Click here to create one.
- You should now see a Create New Account form. Fill out the entire form - all of the fields are required.
- Click the Create Account button.
- That's it -- the resulting page tells you about your account.
Publishing a Calendar to Cosmo Using Apple iCal
Here's how to publish a calendar to a Cosmo server using Apple iCal:
- If you don't already have a Cosmo account, create one (see the instructions, above).
- Open Apple iCal and ctrl-click on the calendar you want to publish on the Cosmo server.
- Click on Publish... in the menu that appears.
- In the Publish on: dropdown box, pick a Private Server. Some boxes will appear where you'll enter your Cosmo server and account information.
- In the Base URL box, enter the URL of your Cosmo server followed by the Path information that appears on your Cosmo | Account page.
For example: https://cosmo-demo.osafoundation.org/home/bradlauster/
If you don't know this information, login to your Cosmo server and look in the box labeled Client Setup.
- Enter your Cosmo Username in the Login: box.
- Enter your Cosmo Password in the Password: box.
- Check Publish Changes Automatically and/or any other options you desire.
- Click Publish
- If the the calendar was published successfully on the Cosmo server, you'll see a message listing the URL of the published calendar. Other people can now subscribe to your calendar using that URL.
- 08 Nov 2005