Get the Chandler Desktop Source
This software is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and other U.S. law, and may not be exported or
re-exported to certain countries (currently Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria) or to persons or entities
prohibited from receiving U.S. exports (including Denied Parties, Specially Designated Nationals, and entities on the
Bureau of Industry and Security Entity List or involved with missile technology or nuclear, chemical or biological
- Our Linux binaries are built on a Ubuntu (v6.06 LTS, aka Dapper) machine and as such they are unlikely to run anywhere else.
- Note: If you are running Chandler on Linux and you are going to be running any of the tests we provide or developing, then you should make sure you have the French and Spanish language packs installed. Some of the I18N unit and functional tests reference the fr_CA and es_UY locales for testing. You will know if you need to do this if you see an error along the lines of "invalid wxPython locale" error that references the above two locales.
- The OS X binaries have been tested on Panther (10.3) and Tiger (10.4) and are available as both PPC and Intel install images.
- The Windows binaries have only been tested on Windows XP.
The official releases of Chandler by OSAF have gone through most testing and are the most stable versions of Chandler you can download.
The latest Chandler release is
SVN Access to documentation
- Using svn command line: svn checkout svn+ssh://svn.osafoundation.org/svn/docs/trunk docs
The Chandler sources are stored within Subversion
. For more information on using Subversion, see SubversionGuidelines
- Only chandler directory: svn checkout http://svn.osafoundation.org/chandler/trunk/chandler chandler
- Full Chandler: svn checkout http://svn.osafoundation.org/chandler/trunk chandler
- Only chandler directory: svn checkout svn+ssh://svn.osafoundation.org/svn/chandler/trunk/chandler chandler
- Full Chandler: svn checkout svn+ssh://svn.osafoundation.org/svn/chandler/trunk chandler
NOTE: You will need Full Chandler sources if you are developing on some non-supported platform or if you intend to package Chandler.
Running Chandler from Source
You probably don't need to build Chandler, but if you have to, see BuildingChandlerDesktop
We would be interested in hearing of volunteers to add support for other systems, for example Windows 2000, FreeBSD and so forth.
Detailed Platform Reports
Please feel free to add your platform to this table so we can keep track of where Chandler Desktop builds and where it doesn't. This table describes which platform/compiler combinations have been tried and whether or not Chandler runs on a variety of platforms. See BuildingChandlerDesktop
for details on how to build for any specific platform.
| Build Platform || Runs on || Does NOT run on || Compiler || Status || Notes |
| Mac OS X 10.3 || Panther, Tiger || || gcc 3.4.4 || OK || Official Mac build platform. |
| Mac OS X 10.4 PPC || Tiger (PPC) || Panther || gcc 4.0.2 || OK || See TigerBuildNotes |
| Mac OS X 10.4 Intel || Tiger (Intel) || Panther || gcc 4.0.2 || OK || See TigerBuildNotes |
| Mac OS X 10.5 || Leopard || Panther || gcc 4.1 || OK || Details coming |
| Windows XP || Windows XP, 2000 || || vs7.1 + mingw gcc 3.4.6 || OK || Official Windows build |
| Ubuntu (Dapper) || Ubuntu, Debian || Fedora Core 2-4 || gcc 3.4.5 || OK || Official Linux build platform |
| Ubuntu (Edgy) || Ubuntu, Debian || any others || gcc 4.1.2 || OK || |
| Ubuntu (Feisty) || Ubuntu, Debian || any others || gcc 4.1.2 || OK || |
| Ubuntu (Gutsy) || Ubuntu, Debian || any others || gcc 4.1.2 || OK || Official Linux build platform for .deb installs |
| Fedora Core 2 || Fedora Core 2-4, Debian || || gcc 3.4.1 || OK || See FedoraCoreBuildNotes |
| Fedora Core 4 || Fedora Core 4 || Ubuntu, Debian || gcc 4.0.0 || OK || See FedoraCoreBuildNotes |
| Fedora Core 5 || Fedora Core 5 || Ubuntu, Debian || gcc 3.4.5 || OK || See FedoraCoreBuildNotes |
| Debian (Sarge) || Debian (testing) || Fedora Core 2-4 || gcc 3.4.1 || OK || See DebianBuildNotes |
| Debian (testing 2008-08-22) X86_64 || || || gcc 4.3.1 || Build fails || When performing make all binaries install in /internal |
NameError: global name 'log' is not defined Details: DebianTestingBuildErrors
| Gentoo || Gentoo || || gcc 3.4.1 || Unknown || Builds from source, mostly runs |
Previous Chandler Desktop Releases